All Ages … Even Adults? YES!
Our workshops really are for all ages.
Most summer jazz workshops are geared exclusively towards high school and college students. While our workshops are the perfect place for high school students, college prep and college students, we offer something other workshops don’t … a place for adults to either begin or continue their study of jazz.
Here are some interesting facts:
- About 2/3 of our participants are over 21 (21-88 years of age … yes 88!)
- About 1/3 of our participants are under 21 (14-21 years of age)
I’m 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 … 80 … is there really a place for me?
YES! One of the most frequently asked questions among adults wishing to attend our workshop is “You say all ages … but REALLY?” … YES!
Our workshops are designed for ALL AGES. If you …
• are just starting to learn how to play jazz
• feel like you can’t improvise
• are in high school looking to study music in college
• are in college studying music
• are playing jazz gigs on the weekends, looking to get better, play more
• are retired and still playing, learning, and loving jazz
• are dusting off your instrument after 20 years and getting your chops back in shape
A week with us could change your life …
“Although a jazz fan since high school, I didn’t begin playing piano until 1984 at age 55. A friend told me how much he enjoyed Jamey Aebersold’s camp and suggested I go. After reading that all ages and levels were welcome I made the trek to Louisville in 1985, barely able to play a 12-bar blues. Phil DeGreg got me off to a good start in his piano lab and since that year I have returned more than 25 times. At first I felt a little out of place because most of the campers were of high school or college age but that has changed over the years and now it seems that about half of us are older men and women. I have made many friends among the faculty and those who return every year to spend a week playing and listening to jazz. I have tried other camps but none compared with Jamey’s. I plan to return every summer as long as I am able.” — Bill Fairchild
The quickest way to reserve your spot is to register online.
We hope that you will consider joining us this year. Don’t miss out, get signed up, and bring your friends! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.