General Dorm Accommodation Information
Most participants, faculty and staff stay in the dorms. The dorms are the nicest on campus, but most are suites that share a bathroom with one other room.
– Workshop participants 21 and under will most likely be staying in Louisville Hall.
– Adult participants will most likely be staying in either Kurz Hall or Community Park.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN WE GUARANTEE WHICH DORM YOU WILL BE PLACED
Rooms are typically DOUBLE occupancy, and unless you have a specific roommate request (due June 1st), we will pair you with someone of the same sex, age, and instrument, in that order of priority and as best as possible. We have participants of all ages, so there will be others there your age. Roommate requests are accepted, but we must receive them in writing before June 1st. Typically, we book all of the students 21 and under in the same building and those over 21 in another building. We also have dorm arrangements reserved for “families” who may be attending together.
All participants staying in the dorms should bring:
– 2 Sheets (one fitted); EXTRA LONG twin sheets are best
– Pillow and a pillowcase
– Wash cloths and soap, shampoo, etc.
– Alarm clock
– Any other personal items*
– Laundry Detergent (laundry facilities are FREE in each dorm, but require your own detergent)
* We must emphasize that the dorm rooms are NOT hotel rooms. They are completely bare. Anything that a person uses routinely must be brought with you. For example, there is no waste basket or plastic bag to collect trash, or even a cup to use in brushing one’s teeth.